New members include:
- Sarah Cohen, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who has worked at The Washington Post and New York Times, and who presently teaches data journalism at Arizona State University.
- Samuel Savarino, owner and CEO of Savarino Companies, and a past and present member of numerous nonprofit boards.
- Danielle Judge-Freeman, labor organizer for United University Professions, which represents the faculty and professional staff of the SUNY system.
- Bob Confer, president of Confer Plastics in North Tonawanda and a leader in the local chapter of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Susanne Francis, a CPA and vice president of finance at Spinneybeck | Filzfelt, an Amherst-based importer and distributor. She joins the board as treasurer.
They join a board that also includes Dr. Michael Merrill, who serves as president; Pastor George Nicholas, vice president; Jody Kleinberg Biehl, secretary; and at-large members Tom Toles and Chris Smith.
Investigative Post is an award-winning nonprofit investigative reporting center based in Buffalo. Its work is distributed through its website and media partners, which include WGRZ TV News, WBFO, WBEN, The Capitol Pressroom and Buffalo Spree.
These outlets provide Investigative Post with an audience of up to 175,000 readers, viewers and listeners per story, one of the largest reaches of any news organization in upstate New York.