Apply by filling out the form here.
Join a talented and creative team that share a strong desire for building something larger then ourselves in the construction and development industry. From general contracting to construction management to development planning and financing, Savarino Companies takes great pride in our ability to tailor our services to suit the particular needs of each of our clients. The Compliance Manager shall support these efforts in a certification, compliance, and reporting role.
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing:
- Be a champion for all compliance initiatives and requirements
- Developing, tracking, and reporting MBE, WBE, & SDVOB Utilization plans/goals for all on going projects.
- Completing/Reporting for MWBE Utilization audits on various public website systems based on payment information received from the accounting department.
- Developing, tracking, and reporting Section 3 participation plans for all on going projects.
- Actively supporting all Section 3 activities required as part of the project’s established participation plan.
- Collecting, tracking, filing, and reporting all Equal Employment Opportunity / Workforce Utilization requirements/goals for various public projects.
- Certified Payrolls
- Request, track, file, and submit all Certified Payrolls to go along with monthly owner pay apps packages.
- Compile monthly submission packages for Certified Payrolls and OSHA 10 cards (if applicable) for each project.
- Prepare transmittals for project document turnover/submissions.
- Lien Waivers & Contractor Certifications
- Obtain and track all lien waivers for subcontractors and lower tier vendors to those subcontractors.
- Follow up with various vendors, subcontractors and suppliers for additional backup information required to provide a complete lien waiver package for review and approval by others.
- Request, follow up, review, track and file all vendor insurances for all ongoing projects.
- Utilize Procore for tracking of insurances for all project subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Scan/Save, copy, distribute, and file hardcopies and electronic copies of project contracts, change orders and other project documents.
- Support departments in preparation of letters, mailings, and other documents.
Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in the construction industry and/or in a compliance role preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of various public entity web portals, forms, and procedures utilized for the above mentioned compliance activities preferred.
- Ability to draft professional documents without spelling, grammar, or other errors
- Team player attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Ability to perform multiple tasks independently and concurrently
- Good composition and written communication skills.