Apply by filling out the form here.
Savarino Companies was founded in 2001 and has since grown into one of the leading construction, development and property management firms in Western New York. Our mission is to be the preferred builder, developer and property manager in the markets we serve, and through our experience and integrity, provide value to our clients, our partners and our community. We’re on the scene to get the job done — and to deliver it on time and on budget. We don’t offer excuses. Just results.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager that will complement our team.
The Construction Project Manager’s role on each project is dependent on the service being provided by Savarino (General Construction, Design-Build, Construction Manager as Advisor, Construction Manager at Risk, Program Management, etc.). The Construction Project Manager must be capable of successfully leading his/her assigned projects from inception through final turnover. Specific responsibilities include:
- Communicate and coordinate between all key stakeholders and supporters of the project’s success (owners, owner representatives, architects, engineers, 3rd party consultants, subcontractors, and support staff for other departments within the Savarino organization.
- Direct and supervise the work of project administrators, assistant project managers, and superintendents.
- Analyze all drawings and specifications to ensure required documentation is complete and available. Develop requests for information when documentation is insufficient. Communicate and follow up with design consultants to expedite responses. In certain service arrangements, guide the architect’s response to be within the parameters established by previous documentation with the owner (ex. allowances established within a GMP).
- Develop detailed scopes of work that will become a part of each subcontract agreement for the project. Compare/analyze/negotiate competitive subcontract and supplier bids quickly in time sensitive situations. Once finalized, follow through to ensure that the subcontracts are fully executed in a timely fashion.
- Develop, update and constantly communicate the master project schedule and manage it’s implementation. Be proactive in ensuring submittals are approved and materials are released into fabrication on time to ensure the schedule can be maintained. When scheduled activities deviate from the planned start or duration, be quick to analyze the cause and take action to ensure the deviation is recovered from and does not affect the promised completion date.
- Collaborate with the estimator to establish the budget for the project. Once finalized, monitor the budget on a consistent basis and notify the project executive of any change events that could adversely affect the projected profit for the project.
- Work with the Architect & Owner to establish the expected submittal log and then work with our construction administrator to ensure that each expected submittal is assigned to a specific subcontractor. Follow up vigilantly with subcontractors to ensure timely submission of submittals. Once received, review each submittal for completeness and compliance with the bid documents prior to sending the submittal to the architect for final review.
- Establish, monitor and report the MWBE/SDVOB utilization plan for projects with utilization goals.
- Receive and review the subcontractor payment applications on a monthly basis and ensure that their billings are incorporated into your monthly payment application to the owner. Collect and provide all necessary backup documentation required by the contract documents to ensure payment is received in a timely manner. Communicate with the accounting department to review and approve payments to subcontractors and vendors based upon approved owner payments.
- Be a champion for job site safety. Develop the site specific safety manual, review job site safety procedures with the project superintendent and ensure adherence to company health and safety standards as well as all local, federal, and state codes and standards.
- Demonstrate and foster a high standard for accountability and integrity. Foster relationships with architects, clients, subcontractors and vendors that are built upon trust and fairness.
The ideal candidate possesses the following experience/education/knowledge/skills/qualifications:
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in the construction field.
- Successful completion of a 30 Hour OSHA Construction Safety & Health Training is a prerequisite
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or other related concentration preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Proficient in the following software platforms:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Project Management software (Procore, Submittal Exchange, Etc.).
- Scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera, Etc.).
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Employment: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Apply by filling out the form here.