Savarino Companies was founded in 2001 and has since grown into one of the leading construction, development and property management firms in Western New York. Our mission is to be the preferred builder, developer and property manager in the markets we serve, and through our experience and integrity, provide value to our clients, our partners and our community. We’re on the scene to get the job done — and to deliver it on time and on budget. We don’t offer excuses. Just results.
We are seeking a motivated Junior Estimator that will complement our growing team and support our Preconstruction staff.
The Junior Estimator role is primarily responsible for providing support to senior Preconstruction/Estimating staff to ensure successful estimating efforts on each project. Responsibilities include:
- Analyzing drawings and specifications
- Performing material quantity takeoffs
- Assist with the completion of all bid forms, utilization plans, and provide all other regulatory documentation required by the instructions to bidders.
- Assist with the preparation of bid packages and soliciting specific project pricing from vendors and/or sub-contractors and compare/analyze/negotiate competitive subcontract and supplier bids quickly in time sensitive situations.
- Maintaining contacts and cost databases for estimating department
The ideal candidate possesses the following experience/education/knowledge/skills/qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant construction experience, or, Minimum 2-year advanced degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or other related concentration.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Knowledge of General Trades Construction
- Knowledge of CSI MasterFormat Divisions 1 through 14 (General Trades)
- Understanding of CSI MasterFormat Divisions 21 through 28 (Engineering Trades)
- Knowledge of CSI MasterFormat Divisions 31 and 32 (Site Trades)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with estimating software On-Screen Takeoff, Revit, RS Means or similar software
- Experience with construction software Sage, Procore or similar software
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Employment: Full Time
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, and Paid Time Off (PTO).