Workplace: Hybrid (office, remote, on-site)
Location: Western New York
Savarino Companies is a full-service construction, real estate development and property management company with a mixed-use portfolio serving upstate New York.
Savarino is seeking an experienced full-time property manager to oversee all aspects of daily operations of two affordable housing developments (approx. 100 units) in Western New York. The preferred candidate will have prior experience managing and maintaining compliance of properties regulated by The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), State Housing Finance Agencies (HFAs), the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program (LIHTC), and/or other similar regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in affordable multifamily housing property management.
- Knowledge of project-based Section 8, Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, and other affordable housing programs strongly preferred.
- Affordable housing industry certification preferred (ex. Certified Professional of Occupancy (CPO), Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP), Certified Property Manager (CPM), Certified Credit Compliance Professional (C3P), Specialist in Housing Credit management (SHCM), Tax Credit compliance Specialist (TaCCs)).
- Understanding of operating statements and financial budgets.
- Successful prior experience with supervising maintenance staff.
- Successful prior experience with marketing and leasing of multifamily housing.
- Knowledge of RealPage OneSite (or Yardi) software is a plus.
- Understand and monitor compliance with regulatory requirements of HUD, LIHTC and/or other affordable housing programs applicable to assigned properties.
- Maintain current knowledge of affordable housing industry and industry certifications.
- Create and implement leasing and marketing plans, tenant certification and recertification, waiting lists, tenant transfers and relations.
- Preparation of budgets and financial reports for the owner, lenders, investors and other stakeholders, as required.
- Supervise maintenance of the property and maintenance staff, including snow removal and landscaping, cleaning, unit and building systems maintenance, safety, security, pest control and preventative maintenance.
- Supervise building security, document incidents, and respond to emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships within the community and provide excellent customer service to tenants, community stakeholders, vendors, and visitors.
- Negotiate leases with tenants, collect rents and security deposits, ensure tenant compliance with leases.
- Ensure maximum allowable rents are achieved and maintain maximum occupancy.
- Supervise all accounts payables and receivables.
- Ensure compliance with Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
The Off-Site Affordable Housing Property Manager is eligible for the following benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, SIMPLE IRA with Employer Match, Paid Holidays, Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Mileage and Expense Reimbursement, Laptop and Smartphone.
Savarino Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.